Medical Device Industry Precision Metal Stampings
Premium quality medical equipment can be the difference between life and death for a patient. For that reason, there’s no room for error when creating the advanced medical parts that go into these machines. We manufacture precision metal stampings and complex medical manufacturing components that match the tight tolerances and ambitious standards of quality that medical devices demand.
We can produce a wide range of small metal stampings and prototypes for the medical industry with very quick turnaround times. Our talented and experienced staff have the knowledge to manufacture components that match our customers’ exact designs.
Fully Customized Advanced Medical Parts
Our precision metal stampings for the medical device industry are custom tailored to your exact design specifications. Our biomedical engineering team can create highly complex medical manufacturing parts with quick turnaround times. If you have a design that needs to be rendered into a tangible medical technology product we are fully capable of providing you with the assistance you need.
Advanced Medical Part Materials
We can produce precision metal stampings and prototypes from several metals, alloys, and specialty materials. We commonly work with materials from 0.0008” to 0.200” in thickness. We also offer a variety of secondary services to give additional value to our parts and components and to save you time and money in your production process. Some of the metals that we regularly utilize, include:
Whether you need a single, simple prototype part, or tens of thousands of complex metal stampings, we can deliver the complex medical manufacturing product development that your project requires.
Criteria for Medical Technology Materials
Medical technology materials selected for use in advanced medical devices can have major ramifications throughout the product lifecycle, from design through testing, during regulatory approvals and production, and in the buildup to market adoption and even disposal. Several criteria should be taken into account when selecting materials, such as:
- Availability - Availability is an umbrella term for a host of supply chain variables: financial stability and technological capabilities of the producer and more. It is important to have a reliable product supplier.
- Design Flexibility - Materials are instrumental to the design freedoms that drive device innovation. Having the correct materials on hand allows the design process to flow more smoothly.
- Cost - Material costs are a critical aspect of any medical device. It is important to consider how each candidate material can add or reduce the unit cost of a device throughout the full lifecycle.
- Performance Properties - Performance capabilities can range from mechanical properties, such as strength, flexural modulus and high temperature resistance to chemical resistance.
- Regulatory Compliance - A manufacturing partner with a dedicated regulatory practice can help device companies identify materials that meet U.S. FDA and USP Class VI requirements, as well as those for international regulations.
- Biocompatibility - Biocompatibility is ultimately a function of a completed device, so it encompasses all its components, assembly processes and overall design.
- Manufacturing Efficiency - The manufacturing process offers significant opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains – if the right materials are chosen.
Materials affect a medical device’s performance, appearance, cost, durability and sustainability and can significantly contribute to the speed of commercialization and market success. It is very important to choose the material that is best suited to your parts specific application.
Our components are 100% FDA approved for use in medical devices. We use only the finest grade metals in the manufacturing of all our advanced medical parts. Contact us with any questions that you may have regarding our precision medical stampings, or request a quote today.
Advanced Capabilities for the Medical Device Industry
We offer numerous types of precision metal stamping services to assist the biomedical engineering industry, these include:
Contact Prototype & Short-Run Services Today
From medical prototyping and one-offs to high volume production runs, Prototype & Short-Run Services has the skills and know-how to deliver the parts you need with perfect precision and repeatability.