Events & Trade Shows
The MD&M West Conference in February at the Anaheim Convention Center was a huge success! As the largest Medtech Conference in North America, it delivered four tracks of expert-led MedTech education, along with smart manufacturing and 3D printing programs.
It was a pleasure connecting with other exhibitors and attendees about their needs and how we, at Prototype & Short-Run Services, Inc. and American Wire EDM can be of assistance to them.
- Michael from Suhner: Flexible Manufacturer of Industrial Special Tools and Special Components
- Brad from Northwest Fourslide: Fourslide Technology and Thin Gauge Metals
- Christian and Jen from Swissomation: Custom Micro-Precision Machining for Perfect Part Production
Prototype & Short-Run Services, Inc. was proud to host several groups of students for MFG Day 2018. MFG Day is an event in which manufacturers are given the opportunity to open the doors of their facilities to the public and address common questions and misperceptions about manufacturing. The goal of Manufacturing Day is to inspire the next generation of manufacturers, and educate the public at large on the importance of the role manufacturers play and the growing skill shortage despite the high volume of job openings in the sector.
At Prototype & Short-Run Services, Inc., we don't often have the chance to meet with people outside of the specific industries that we work with, so we jumped at the chance to welcome a diverse group of students and curious parties into our shop in Orange, California.
- Change the perception of careers in manufacturing to reflect its true status as the most advanced, high-tech industry in the country.
- Re-establish the U.S. as the global leader of manufacturing education.
- Advocate for education and job training policies that strengthen the U.S. manufacturing workforce.
Owner Jack McDevitt and several of our tool and die engineers took questions and gave a tour of the building to high school students, SCHMIDT Technology was also on-site to discuss assembly applications and showcase the SCHMIDT ExPress On-Site Demo bus.
Photos From The Event
Jack McDevitt and the tool and die engineers of Prototype and Short-Run discuss the process of tool and die manufacturing with students.
Students receiving hands-on training with equipment.